Saturday, October 26, 2013

HI! WELCOME TO SPIRIT WARRIORS!


About eight months ago, a friend and I started a girl’s group for self-confidence and self-empowerment for ages 9 to 11.  The girls named themselves Spirit Warriors.  We meet every week after school and do activities from exploring in nature, creating shields, making our own cloaks, and learning how to support each other, to making magical wishing jars. 

This deep sense of trust, fun and bonding has grown. Because the girls are so enthusiastic about Spirit Warriors, I thought I’d create a blog to inspire others to create more groups like this for young girls.  My dream and vision is that such groups will spread all over the world helping young girls own their power, deeply accept and love themselves and thus become powerful women to help uplift and harmonize this planet.

For now, I want to share one activity we did on ‘Cloaks of Unconditional Love’.  After we had snack in a grassy meadow one afternoon, I asked each girl to either sit or lay comfortably. I led them in a visualization in which I guided them to a sacred wilderness where they met a goddess or priestess who was filled with unconditional love for them.  She wore a magical cloak symbolizing this love.  She then wrapped this cloak around them.

Afterwards, the girls talked enthusiastically about their experiences, including what color their particular cloak was, what this goddess/priestess looked like etc.  Over the next few weeks, we bought material and each girl, with help, sewed their own personal cloak closely matching what they saw to remind them of being protected in unconditional love. They love their cloaks and wear them often, as you can see in the picture above!  I have been amazed to see how much these cloaks mean to them.  My daughter wears hers almost every day!

Next they made shields to symbolize inner strength and boundaries, but I’ll save that for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment